EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION
The Cyber District holds education in the highest regard and this is evident if the vast number of awards and recognition that the area continues to be given.
- John S. Davidson Fine Arts Magnet School ranked top 100 schools in the US.
- Over 40% of Aiken County students graduate with honors.
- Columbia County ranked in the top 8% most challenging schools in the Nation.
- John S. Davidson Fine Arts School, Career Transition Award Recipient.
- A.R. Johnson Health Science & Engineering Magnet, School of Excellence.
- John S. Davidson Fine Arts School and Stallings Island Middle School, National Blue Ribbon Schools.
- Lincoln County has a 15:1 teacher-student ratio
DEDICATION TO DEVELOPMENT
The Cyber District community doesn’t settle for second best which is why the area’s education initiatives and school districts continue to work hard to improve and grow educational opportunities for residents and their families.
- Over $1.2 million is distributed to area schools annually in impact aid
- Richmond County provided teachers with 80,000 professional development hours in 2016
- Columbia County has invested over $147 million dollars into public schools
- Aiken County has a 17:1 teacher-student ratio
- $65 million in scholarships was awarded to Aiken County grads in 2015
- Columbia County has had a 93% retention rate amongst certified teachers for the past 5 years
- Augusta University-sponsored $159 million in awards in 2020
- The budget for Augusta University is $1.06 billion as of FY 2020
- Augusta University Medical school has received $104.8 million in research awards as of FY 2020